Amazing Man left me a note today. It brought such a smile to my face, and a contentment to my heart. It was simple...but he thanked me for packing up his lunch for the day, and encouraged me in my efforts as a teacher/mom today.
Hand written notes seem to hold so much encouragement. For about 6 weeks now, my goal has been to write (by hand) some type of encouraging note to someone-at least one every week. So far, I have done it. And it is amazing that since I made this goal, how many people have come to mind that I could write to! I haven't done nearly enough! This is something so easy that I can do to help encourage others. It helps me in my over-all goal to "think on the good things". It does not cost much- if anything. It is fun to make them all cute-sy, or use pretty cards, but notes are also just fine on plain white paper. The other day another idea came to mind: this is a great use of the kids artwork-- fold it over and make a card-- or cut it down to fit on a piece of card stock.
The past few years I have not been good about sending birthday greetings and anniversary greetings, and thank you's. But I am trying to do a better job. (Family especially, if I missed sending one to you- please forgive me! I really do love you.)
1 comment:
I am really terrible about getting things in the mail too. I always think about people on their birthdays, but I rarely get a card in the mail in time for the birthday... if at all. Like you, I am trying to get better...
Oh, and by the way yesterday was my 4 "monthiversary" and I still have not completed the wedding thank you notes!
Post a Comment