Every time I go to the store, I pray that the dollars will stretch far. When I make meals, I pray for creativity and that the food will go far. God has answered that prayer- many times over!
Here's the proof: Today J sniffs through the kitchen. "Mom, why are you making a "feast" tonight!? It smells so good!" To any mom, I am sure that is the best compliment! But even more so when I am trying my best to be creative with what I have.
Tonight's "feast":
Chili (don't tell them it's with extra beans and half the meat...)
Home-made cinnamon rolls (with lots of frosting)
Peach Crisp (there were two mushy peaches in the fridge- nothing must go to waste, you know!)
Thank you Lord, for our feast!
*Update: The "feast" will continue into tomorrow! The chili easily made enough for two meals, and the cinnamon rolls were sweet enough that eating too many would bring on "stomach aches". And by the end of the meal- no one needed to over indulge in Peach Crisp. The rolls, and Crisp will be lovely for Saturday morning breakfast! :) See what I mean about God answering my prayers for "stretchy" meals? He is Good.
1 comment:
Sure do wish we could have been there to enjoy the chili and cinnamon rolls! They sound wonderful! Maybe when we come again.
Isn't it wonderful that the kids can appreciate the 'little' things of life? Of course yours are learning to do that because of your unselfish attitude. The Lord is blessing your family in so many ways, and He will provide a job, or career, for your "Amazing Man."
Hang in there!
Post a Comment