Several things this weekend served as reminders to me that my kids are growing up- right before my eyes.
- The boys were invited to their very first "sleep over" with some good friends, brothers of the same age as our boys. They were off to a football game Fri. night, then to see their friends each play a soccer game on Saturday morning. All that plus a stop at the playground, lunch out, and some playtime on the wii. An action packed time for them!
- We made pizza for dinner on Saturday night- the recipe of home-made dough and sauce makes two large pizzas. We use to be able to eat one, and freeze the second for a quick dinner/lunch later in the week. NOT ANY MORE. Now these "hungry little birdies" (ok...and their parents...) easily devour a pizza and a half. The extras are barely enough for snack time the next day!
- My "Baby", Miss D, graduated from the nursery and attended her very first Sunday School class this week. The report when I picked her up: "Boy, she talks ALOT!" Yeah, I know. This "just turned two-year-old" speaks full sentences that crack me up!
- Sunday after noon we played some family games: Sequence and Monopoly. J is quite a strategist!
To top off an enjoyable weekend, we took a picnic out back and enjoyed some time around the campfire. How blessed we are to be able to enjoy such rich family time.
2 comments:
What a fun filled weekend. God is so good.
I guess Troy and I are "hungry birdies" too because we polish off one of those pizzas by ourselves!
D really is getting so big - sometimes when you put up pics of her lately I have to stop for a second to see if it is D or L! They are both so pretty!
Post a Comment