Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I like to cook- but there are exceptions

I was looking through the sale adds today- and a couple of items at a local grocery store caught my eye.

Patitas de pollo $1.18/lb

Cabezas de Borrego $1.18/lb

Patitas de Res $0.98/lb

Yes, times may be tough- but I'm just not ready to go there.

(Besides, did you notice the serving size on the recipe for Cabezas de Borrego?? I would have to buy six of those things!!)

5 comments:

Linda said...

I think that we will check over our food really closely the next time we are there!

You know dad, he doesn't even like my delicious enchiladas! Do you think we would even try these? I'm sure glad we live in America where we can have hamburger!

Carole said...

GROSSNESS!! I'm all for experiencing culture, but I really have to draw the line somewhere.... I wonder WHO first thought, I'll boil that little lamb's head & eat it, or MMMM-mmm those chicken's feet sure look delish! GAH!

Phil said...

THANK YOU! Tesa

And Mom don't worry, Tesa has figured out that you can get a whole chicken sans feet for $.98/lb so it is cheaper and more appetizing.

Erin said...

The chicken feet photo is pretty disgusting. My favorite is at the bottom where it says, "Not exactly what you are looking for? Try other delicious chicken feet recipes." Ummm... I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

Ok that is just nasty, and I'm from Kentucky! People eat a lot of strange things here, like scrambled egges and hog brains (and no, I don't eat that), but that is disgusting. Is there any meat on chicken feet??? LOL

KC