- Serve on rice, sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve on chips like Nachos, or just scoop with chips.
- Serve on a bed of leafy lettuce- Taco Salad style.
- Serve wrapped up in a tortilla.
- Add a bit more salsa/ water, call it soup and eat it with a side of cornbread.
- Put in a casserole dish, bake cornbread on top for a yummy Mexican casserole.
Prepare 16 oz bag of black beans. (I start with dry beans, but I am sure you could start with canned if you prefer. You may not need as long of cooking time, though.)
Put prepared beans in the crock pot. Add one cup of your favorite salsa. Add two cups of water. Cook on high for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally. About 45 minutes before "dinner time", I add a can of corn (or a bag of frozen), and 1/2 cup of rice. Stir.
Finished product can be portioned out and put in the freezer.
1 comment:
I have been craving these ever since I read your post. Unfortunately that was after Troy and I had already done our grocery shopping this week. I'm pretty sure beans will be on our menu next week!
Post a Comment