Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Because It's In His Hands, Not Mine"

The last three days have been full of uncomfortable, discouraging circumstances for our family. Honestly, it has been very hard to remain positive and find joy in knowing that our God is in control and has great plans for us.

It's interesting that the two previous posts I made were reminding me to keep my perspective positive. Seems like I was preachin' right to myself- before I knew I needed it.

Just a bit ago, N came to me and shared a "song" his brother composed. It brought tears to my eyes. It goes like this:

I never know what tomorrow will hold;

I never know what a week will hold;

I never know what a month will hold;

I never know what a year will hold.

Because it's in His hands, not mine.

Because it's in His hands, not mine.

Because it's in His hands, not mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tesa,

Katrina (Overman) Foster here. Good to catch up with your life via your blog. Job transition is tough and yet a time the Lord can grow us like no other. We've been in it several times and we are in process of finding work now. God bless your time of transition.

Katrina

Sheryl said...

What a blessing your song writers are! What insight God has given to them. God said a child will lead them! What encouragers and comforters right in your own home!!! There song blessed me as well! What a great reminder that God is still in the throne. I remember a hard Sunday AM getting 3 little one ready for Church and there sat toddler Ann on the floor singing over and over "There's Victory in Jesus". It's the only words she remembered, but they were all the words I needed. Love Sheryl