OK, technically does a salad really qualify for "What's Cookin' ", anyway? It's the least cooked thing I eat. Well, this is what you get. I'm not cookin. It is too hot today.
Here is what I did for lunch with some left over salad goodies from the other day. I made a Garden Salad Sandwich. This baby is loaded with green leaf lettuce, shredded purple cabbage, sliced tomato, a few zucchini rounds, a couple slim slices of onion and a tiny spread of olive oil mayo. Ohh, my. It was sooo delish, I did not even think twice about missing any meat. When I was finished I was so full, I almost couldn't eat that homemade chocolate chip brownie (Mom's recipe) I promised the kids we would have for dessert. But, I managed.
It is a great privilege to be a keeper of the home. This blog is my tribute to the joy of motherhood, the peacefulness of home living, and the beauty of family life.
Monday, July 7, 2008
What's Cookin': Leftover Salad??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment