I long to more fully appreciate God's creativity and beauty in the world around me. One of my "life goals" is to learn to recognize birds by sight and sound. I know there are far more birds in my back yard than just robins, black birds and sparrows. If I slow down enough to listen, the variety of their songs is just stunning.
Two nights ago, right after I put the kids to bed, I sat by an open window and realized a robin was nearby chirping a beautiful melody. It was his "goodnight" song. When he was finished, all bird sounds were silent. It was dark. Never before had I taken time to notice that the birds sing a different song at sunrise and sunset. I like to think it is their "praise song" to their Creator, praising Him for a new day, and thanking Him when the day is done.
So far, I have trained my ear to identify robins, cardinals, and the woodpeckers drum. I have many so more to learn!
Two nights ago, right after I put the kids to bed, I sat by an open window and realized a robin was nearby chirping a beautiful melody. It was his "goodnight" song. When he was finished, all bird sounds were silent. It was dark. Never before had I taken time to notice that the birds sing a different song at sunrise and sunset. I like to think it is their "praise song" to their Creator, praising Him for a new day, and thanking Him when the day is done.
So far, I have trained my ear to identify robins, cardinals, and the woodpeckers drum. I have many so more to learn!
Robin photo from this site
Bird call references:
http://www.enature.com/birding/audio.asp
http://www.learnbirdsongs.com/
Bird call references:
http://www.enature.com/birding/audio.asp
http://www.learnbirdsongs.com/

1 comment:
I love the new photo block design! It looks so Springy and bright. I am impressed with your bird listening skills already.
Post a Comment