Wednesday, April 15, 2009

From the Recipe Collection*

(*edited to include a correction in the recipe)
Haven't made this one for a while. I don't even remember where I found it originally. But, today I was reading something with the kids and a reference to peanut butter cookies made me remember this yummy recipe in my collection. I love that it bakes up into a cookie that has some body to it. I love that it includes a healthy boost of oatmeal and wheat flour. And I love that I can use my favorite peanut butter of choice, and it comes out perfect. (I prefer my peanut butter as pure as it can come: just peanuts and salt, please--nothing else :)

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix in order given. Bake for 8 minutes at 375, or until golden. Cool on wire rack.
Serve with an ice cold glass of milk.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, can I come over and have one with you? They look so yummy, and I can almost smell them! ummmmmm.....

summer said...

tesa, these look amazing!
i agree, pure peanuts & salt is the way to go!
and i do love a cookie with a little body to it.
i can't wait to try these!! thanks for sharing!

John and Teresa said...

Do you think I could just sub in regular unbleached flour for that little bit of whole wheat flour? I need to get some, but don't have any on hand right now! And a grocery trip is not in the plans.

John and Teresa said...

Oh, and how much PB?

Tesa said...

woah! How could I miss that PB?? I guess it was past bedtime when I was typing the recipe!! I edited my post to include it. Yikes- so sorry about that!!
And Teresa, yes, I'm sure it would be fine with just regular flour in place of the wheat flour.

Phil said...

Where did they go?