Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Girls just wanna have fun...

My husband has wonderful memories of playing on his "dirt pile" as a little boy. Naturally, one wants to give his own children sweet memories, too. So, their Dad has provided our kiddos with a dirt pile of their own in our back yard. And though a dirt mound is not exactly a beautiful landscaping feature, happy healthy playful children are! This dirt mound gets more use than the sand box. It serves as a constant digging project, a hill to jump bikes, a sledding mound, a "castle", and much much more.

Today, I found them there.

What goes up...


Must come down.



Mom's thought: time for a bath. time to do laundry, again.
Dad's thought: time to install the slide over on the play fort.


Girl's thought: it's just great to be a kid, and play in the dirt!

2 comments:

Linda said...

It is so nice that you have a digital camera to capture these precious memories! Mine are in my mind, for the most part! LOL! Of course, as often as we talk about the kids' pasts, you are getting them in your mind too.

Dirt washes off! Great pictures!

Carole said...

I can't believe you let those sweet, precious girls of your get dirty! What kind of mom are you? Oh, a GREAT mom! That's what kind. I agree, dirt washes off, but those memories will last forever.

I remember our dirt pile .... I remember daddy digging it up at the beginning of each summer & by the end of summer, it was nearly flat again.

We played with big trucks & matchbox cars & jumped off the outhouse onto it. We used water to make rivers & lakes & just muddy in general.

Such great entertainment for not alot of money.

Thanks for the pictures!