Thursday, April 2, 2009

It All Starts With Me

Why My Children Love To Go To Church: Part 1

The number one reason my children LOVE to go to church:

My husband and I want to go.

The children sense this. They sense it is important, not a drudgery. We never speak negatively about going to church. It is a privilege. We don't complain about "having to go to church" or "wishing we could just sleep in". Our services now begin at 8am. This is super early for a family of 6 to arrive anywhere all put together! But instead of thinking about it as "this is my only day to sleep in", the Lord has helped me remember that "this is my only day to go to church!!" I really do want to get up and get out the door.


Baby Dedication for D ~ 3/25/07

We also never complain about the length of the sermon, or about the service being boring. I never find myself thinking these things anyway-- but I think that is part of the battle. I have a desire and joy to go. I consider it a privilege to be there.

Daddy says a few words... sharing our thankfulness, joy and committment to raising godly children.

And why do I want to go?

I want to grow in the Lord. I want to develop a deeper understanding of His love for me. He created me. He saved me. I want to know more of His character. To grow, one must surround themselves with opportunities and environments that will nurture that growth. Our Bible-based church with sound doctrine is an environment that promotes spiritual growth. I am thankful I can take my children there, too.




If you find you have lost your joy in attending a Bible based church, I would encourage you to pray about your own attitude! The Lord will help you to find joy in Him, and in worship and fellowship with other believers.

"Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit. "
Psalm 51:12

A prayer of dedication for wisdom and guidance as we raise a daughter in the Lord










Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

What a wonderful post! We are so glad you and your wonderful hubby love your church. We are so grateful that you are involved and your kids are involved.

We praise the Lord for your testimony and your lives!

The pictures are wonderful!