Thursday, February 26, 2009

Acting It Out

We have thoroughly enjoyed our journey through the Old Testament. There are definitely some "sit on the edge of your seat" exciting stories! The boys especially have been captivated by the war stories and such as we have made our way through the Judges and on to I Samuel. I am finding Egermeirs Bible Story Book a very thorough retelling of the Old Testament. It is all very well written for children, yet it does not skip over much. I am impressed that its completeness allows for a true reflection of God's glory as He works throughout history and his people, rather than just being a book of random "stories".
Here's a little photo shoot we did acting out I Samuel 2:22-3:18. They love this story!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Egermeier's (sp?) Bible Story Book is one of my homeschooling favorites! It really made those O.T. stories come alive! My boys used to act out the O.T battles! So good to hear that someone else loves it as well!

Erin said...

This is so awesome!! Y'all are so fun and creative!

And I especially love that Eli sucks 'his' thumb. ;-)