Skip the jelly. Mr. Peanut Butter Sandwich grows up when a thinly sliced apple steps in between those slices of bread. The crisp apple pairs up with the creamy peanut butter for a great twist on an old lunch-box classic. My mom introduced me to this fab idea, and I love it. A bit of green leaf lettuce also adds a yummy touch... (too bad, I'm out of lettuce today).
By the way, the kiddos love PBA's , too!

6 comments:
What a great idea! My girls like peanut butter and apples, but I never thought to make it into a sandwich! I don't like fixing pb&j too often, because of all the sugar in the jelly. Besides, my youngest daughter doesn't like jelly. And the only way she'll eat peanut butter is if I spread it on apple slices. I'll have to get a couple apples and try this. Thanks for the tip! ~Emily
oooh, why have I never thought of this!
Tesa, this is brilliant! Thank you for sharing. I am a huge fan of pb + apples. I can't wait to try this out.
ps. love your new look!!
Where did you get this idea?
My MOM came up with this idea! She is the GREATEST!!
Yummy!
That looks amazing. I bet some honey would be super tasty on there, too.
Post a Comment