Amy requested my recipe for Cranberry Muffins. I'm so happy to oblige!
I have previously posted my favorite basic muffin recipe here. I love this one because it uses simple ingredients, is quick and easy to throw together, and has less sugar than some other fancy muffin recipes. (In my mind, it must be lower in sugar to qualify as a muffin- high sugar content might as well be called cupcakes.)
These Cranberry Muffins are just a slight variation from that original recipe.
1 3/4 c flour
1/4 c sugar
2 T honey
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
1 egg
3/4 c milk
1/4 c oil
Sift together dry ingredients. Add chopped cranberries. Beat together wet ingredients. Add wet to dry, stir gently just until all is moistened. Spoon into muffin cups.
For the topping, I used 2 tsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 2 T toasted almonds, chopped finely, and about 2 T quick oats. Sprinkle on top.
Bake at 400 for about 10-15 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Makes 10-12 muffins.
This morning, one of these muffins paired perfectly with a mug of Ghiradelli Chocolate Carmel coffee that my husband received as a Christmas gift... I'm so glad he shares with me :)
3 comments:
You know, I'm expecting some of these 'goodies' you've been posting when we get there this weekend!
Start baking! LOL!
These sound YUMMY!
Thank you for posting the recipe!!! I think I'm going to make them this weekend when we have family visiting!! I love your blog---keep up the good work! :)
Post a Comment