Our Family's Favorite
1 cup (real) butter, just barely room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
3 cups oats*
2 cups chocolate chips*
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg. Mix well. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add to creamed mixture and blend well. Add oats, mixing until combined. Add chocolate chips and nuts.
Use a medium sized cookie scoop to place cookies about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until set. Cool on wire rack.
Makes about 3 dozen.
*My preferences:
I like the result of using quick oats rather than old fashioned oats.
For an ultimately delicious cookie, use Guiredelli 60% Cocoa Chocolate Chips!
This is our family's ultimate favorite cookie recipe. We NEVER tire of them. After I bake them, I put them in the freezer. This helps to ration them a bit! Before we sit down for dinner I get six cookies out and put them on a plate on the back of the stove. The leftover warmth there from cooking dinner is enough to thaw the cookies. By the time we are done with our meal, they are just barely warm- and taste as delicious as the first day I made them. Of coarse, they never do last long!
5 comments:
Tesa, it is wonderful to hear from you! I am so excited that you've been reading my blog- and even more excited that I found yours! This is such a lovely spot here. I will be visiting often :)
Your explanation statement (the one underneath the title of your blog) is perfect. It is exactly what I want to focus on each and every day. Thank you for being an inspiration to me, and thank you for this cookie recipe, I don't have a recipe for these yet- and they are one of my all-time favorites!
These sound so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Would you mind sharing your recipe for your pumpkin bread? It looks delicious!
Renee,
Thanks for stopping by!
The picture of bread in my last entry is actually just white bread that I made in my bread machine. But I do have a delicious pumpkin bread recipe that I LOVE...It is in the blue church cookbook, p.108, submitted by Lydia. MMMmmm. So yummy. And it makes a large batch of muffins that freeze so well. Ok- I just may need to go make some pumpkin bread now! :)
Tesa,
These cookies sound delicious. We are going to try them. I only have the old fashioned oats on hand so I will pick up the quick cook next time I'm at the store.
Kat
Thanks Tesa!
Muffins sound like a great idea!
Post a Comment