I had a bit of "Mommy time" with D tonight, while the older ones were at AWANA. My wardrobe is a bit depleted so I stopped in a store to try on some jeans. As D and I proceeded to enter the fitting room she babbled on and on.
"This is the bathroom, Mom."
"No, this is the dressing room. This is where you try on the clothes."
"Oh, this is the dressing room." (She proceeds to take off her shirt, and look at herself in the full length mirror.)
"Where is the drain?" (This question comes from the fact that she and her sister are fascinated with the drains on the floor of public restrooms. It becomes a type of "I Spy" game, every time we visit a restroom away from home.)
On the way home, she points out the moon.
"I see the MOON!"
"Yes. God made the moon." I say.
D: "Oh. God made the moon. Yeah."
Me: "And God made Dahlia!"
D: "Oh. Yeah."
A few minutes later, she sings a little made up tune, kicking her little feet in the car seat...
"God made the moon. And God made the stars. And God made Dahlia. And God made Mommy. And God made Lily. And God made Noah, and God made Josiah, and God made Daddy..."
She brings me such joy. God is good.
2 comments:
Yes, God is so GOOD!
Thank you for the sweet post!
So sweet! I wish I could hear her sing the song. I can't get over how pretty she is!
Post a Comment