I just love our new fall family photo! (added to my sidebar) Here is the story behind it.
Down the street and around the corner from our house is the my very favorite tree. Every fall it boasts the most beautiful shades of red, gold, yellow, crimson, and pink. I could just stand and look at it for hours on end, taking in its lovely display of God's beauty. It literally is breath-taking.
The other day we drove past, and stopped to take a picture. We were in a rush- but I wanted to give it a try, because before we know it all those beautiful leaves will be gone. Amazing Man balanced the camera precariously on his billfold- right on the parking lot pavement. He set the self-timer on the camera...then rushed into position. There were shouts of "Everyone look at the camera! Take your thumb out of your mouth! And don't move!"
And there we are. One hurried shot- and every one looks all peaceful and beautiful. Just like I want to remember life. The beauty of my family... surrounded by God's amazing glory.
4 comments:
Would you email that gorgeous photo to me. I would like to hang it in my cube. :D
Love you all!
It is so pretty! Carole, just 'right click' on it, and you can save it, and then print it off! (Wow, I got to tell my daughter how to do it!) LOL!
Grandpa says it looks great, and that is with his bloodshot eyes from working from 6:30am to 10:30pm. He almost got stuck in the fields because of all the rain! Those leaves will probably be gone today. Winter is a commin'!
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful tree. Beautiful family. Beautiful picture. :)
Post a Comment