Each year our church hosts an annual Fall Bible conference. It is usually a weekend of great teaching, and of course some eating and good fellowship. This year's speaker is Dr. Ron Constable, professor at Dallas Theological Seminary. His topic is Prayer.
Interestingly enough, for several weeks now, the Lord has been whispering things to me about my prayer life. To be honest, it has been difficult for me to be still enough to listen. When I heard that the topic of the conference this weekend was to be prayer, I became excited that this could help focus my thoughts on things the Holy Spirit was beginning to teach me anyway.
Sadly, we feel Amazing Man needs to get his few hours in at his part time night job so he won't be going tonight. Normally, I would skip it if he can't go. But since it seems clear that the topic is meant for me, I am heading to church tonight, four little ducklings in tow, for the catered meal and Session One. I only wish one of the Grandmas was here to help me serve the kids at the meal!
2 comments:
You should have called me this morning! I would have come! Sorry!
I'm sure your ducklings have lots of "adopted" grandma's at church who were happy to help feed them. Aunt Carole surely would've come, too, but I would've needed more notice than this morning. :D
{{hugs}}
Post a Comment