Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Woman of the Cloth

That is what I have become.
D has had a terribly stubborn diaper rash that just would not go away. So we decided to put her in cloth, and bought a tube of Boudreaux's Butt Paste. 24 hours later we are seeing dramatic progress.
I have always tended to be a "natural" mommy- leaning toward the most natural, and least "processed" way of dealing with things- from feedings, to treating illness, etc. However, I never really got into the cloth diaper thing. Liked the idea, but when we had our first baby we were in an apartment paying quarters for every load of laundry. We did look into a diaper service, but it was still cheaper to do disposables.
Will the cloth diaper idea stick? Don't know. I do put her in a disposable for naps and outings, and she always "dirties" after her nap. So, I have had it easy in that regard...
I guess we will see. What is a few more loads of laundry? I doubt I will notice.

3 comments:

Joshua said...

You know that we used cloth on M. She seemed to always have a rash. I thought that disposable were better because they kept the moisture away. But by al means try it. I hope it works.

Tesa said...

I can see your point about disposables... yet with the cloth she is getting changed more often- which is probably the key. It is working... and she is nearly back to normal! The Butt Paste works amazingly well- even though I gawked at the name, and the price!

Carole said...

She's still in diapers???? You haven't gotten that girl potty trained YET? Here's a website for you: http://www.diaperfreebaby.org/