Growing up we had this Saturday night tradition: we made home-made pizza.
EVERY Saturday night.
Now, with my own family I make it just about every week, or every other week. No other pizza can compare... it has just the right home-made french bread crust, the perfect simple sauce (not of the canned variety, mind you) and toppings that can vary according to your mood or what is growing in the garden. I am dreaming up a pizza right now with garden fresh tomatoes and savory basil...
But I have this rule. When it is over 83 degrees, and especially when the humidity is so high it makes my hair curly---I don't turn on the oven. Not even for the Famous Family Pizza.
It has been weeks- and I have not had my pizza.
I am going through some serious withdrawal.
4 comments:
Lucky you, you get curls!
There is always a blessing in our circumstances if we look! Just think, you won't have to use the hot curling iron tomorrow!
You should have P build you a brick oven for your firepit. Then you can cook outside AND have your famous family pizza.
Have Phil make you one of these... http://www.solarnow.org/pizzabx.htm
The family pizza! Nothing can compare, can it? Wish we could all get together and share some:)
Post a Comment