My husband has been busy the past few days getting a particular order ready. Today at lunch I asked him if there was anything I could do to help him. "I'll do anything!!" I declared!
Wouldn't you know- he asked me to work on a spreadsheet for him. I began the project all excited to help: got my glass of water, a few m&ms-my brain works better with something to snack on :). The kids were all at "rest time", so distractions would be few. But something happens to my brain after a few minutes of looking at papers with little squares with numbers and x's and transferring them into little boxes on the computer screen. I tried covering the rows I wasn't working on with a piece of paper. I crossed out with red ink. I talked out loud to myself so I wouldn't loose my place. I hope I did not make a mistake.
My brain just doesn't do well with numbers.
Let me bake something, clean something, plan something, arrange or organize something- I'll even wash windows- but don't ask me to do spread sheets. If you do- and I do it, you will know I really love you!!
2 comments:
Thanks
Amazingly, that's what I do all day, every day, at my work. It's not so bad. :D
We love it that you are the "Martha Stewart" in our family. (Altho' I'll bet she's done her share of spreadsheets in her businesses!)
Post a Comment