Monday, August 6, 2007

What Have I Done?

Sometimes I get to the end of my day and wonder... What have I done today?? Looking around it would seem like I did nothing! But I did, I promise!
4 loads of laundry
made beds
cleaned bathroom
made and served breakfast, lunch, supper, morning and afternoon snacks
read books to the kids
read my book (research for homeschooling)
talked to one friend on the phone
cleaned and organized one corner of the basement
put away various things from a weekend of company and hosting a picnic
washed dishes, dishes, dishes...
swept the floor 2x
played dominoes with J and N
taught J and N how to do a word find
bathed four children
put four children to bed...took a few of them back to bed...
...and just maintaining the daily structure of the household.
I'm tired.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Just reading that makes me tired!

Love ya,
C

Laurie said...

My mom was a stay-at-home mom who homeschooled my brother and me. When people would ask her why she didn't have a job her response was always "actually I do have a full-time job, 24 hours a day with no vacation and no sick leave. And it is the best job in the world."

Keep up the good work! You are nurturing a happy home and creating special memories for your children.