One of our boys has an obsession with sticks. I am certain that if it were allowed he would have an entire collection stowed in his top dresser drawer. They all have a purpose. He gives them names: there is weed-whacking stick, pocket knife stick, fire-poking stick, water shooting stick, jack hammer stick, and many more that I just cannot remember. I wish he would let me take a picture of him with each of his "sticks". That would make quite an impressive layout for a scrapbook page!
The oddly amusing thing about it is that he can tell them all apart. He recognizes them, and remembers their names, and what they are used for. I can't help but cringe when he asks me something like "Mom, where is my pocket-knife stick?" For all I know, it was the stick I tossed back into the bushes... It was a terrible day when he found a shredded stick in the front yard and yelled "DAaaD- you ran over my weed whackin' stick with the mower!!!" Poor little guy. We told him we would find him a new one... but so far nothing has compared to that one, well loved stick.
1 comment:
Tell my grandson to "Stick to it" It is often hard to teach a young one to use the right tool for the job. Usually a screwdriver becomes a hammer, a knife becomes a screwdriver, etc. Having a specific stick for each specific job is a great way to start a tool box.
Post a Comment