Monday, June 18, 2007

I Missed It

When I first got married my dad told me that one of the most challenging aspects of marriage would be "holidays". Intertwining two families, and creating a new one brings conflicting ideas of which holiday should be spent with which side of the family, and making sure that every one feels "fair" amount of time is spent here and there. After almost ten years of marriage, I feel like we have got that part down...Thanksgiving with HIS side of the family, Christmas with MY side of the family, Easter with our OWN little ones...and various visits in between. For now, everyone seems somewhat settled with this arrangement.



The other challenge comes this time of year around Father's Day. There are so many Father's to remember- that I don't do as adequate of a job as I wish. My kids need help honoring their, dad, and because my job is Mom right now- I consume my energies into making my husbands day special. Then, I likely remember at the last minute that I haven't acknowledged my own Dad! Not a good thing... Then, I remember that something must be done for my husband's dad Yikes... (Poor Grandpa's don't get much recognition either!)



Add a weekend trip out of town (four small children traveling 6 hours one way is nothing to take lightly), the mom and dad-in-law's anniversary, and sister-in-law's anniversary and I AM SUNK! OVERLOAD!!!!!



So... I did not do very well this month acknowledging the special days of those who mean the most to me.



I feel very bad. Very, very sad.



But I hope that they all know that I love them dearly, and I regret being "on top of things". (I was "on top of things", just not those things) I will try again next year. Because next year I will love you all just as much, and most likely a little more!


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO MY DAD! I LOVE YOU! I WISH SO MUCH THAT WE COULD HAVE BEEN TOGETHER TO SHARE FATHER'S DAY WITH YOU! WE WOULD HAVE PACKED A PICNIC LUNCH AND HEADED TO THE LIGHTHOUSE. THANKS FOR ALL THAT YOU DO TO LOVE AND SUPPORT US. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD G! I LOVE YOU! IT WAS SO SPECIAL FOR THE KIDS TO SPEND SOME EXTRA TIME WITH THEIR DAD'S DAD THIS SPRING-THEY ARE STILL QUOTING SOME OF THE STORIES THAT YOU SHARED ABOUT YOUR GROWING UP YEARS. THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A GENEROUS AND SUPPORTIVE DAD.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD G! YOU ARE A SPECIAL EXAMPLE TO US OF LOVE THAT LASTS AND LASTS THROUGH MILES AND YEARS!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CAROLE AND LARRY! HOORAY ON FIVE YEARS! AND WHAT A PRETTY RING TO CELEBRATE!


3 comments:

Carole said...

You are an AMAZING sister! (after ten years, I think we can drop the "in-law" part!)

You amaze me with your patience for your children . . . you have VERY well-behaved children!

You amaze me with your love for my brother . . . I know what a pain he can be :D (I love him, too!)

It would be a completely different issue if we didn't have any contact, but we all understand that you have a houseful. We're all grown up & mature enough (I hope) to know that lack of verbal acknowledgment does not constitute lack of love or thought.

We love you!

Taren said...

What a beautiful thoughtfull post. I love you too. Many times in your growing years I was not around on important dates and I always felt bad then too. Remember, we are where God wants us to be as we follow His steps. The love we share in Christ transends any physical gap between us. God has blessed me with a beautiful loving daughter.
Dad H

Linda said...

Tesa, I agree with Carole and your dad! You are amazing, and dad and I both know how busy you are. You are a terrific wife and mom, and "daughter". That is how we think of you. You are family!

We are amazed at how you keep your household so organized. It is clean, calm, and always has good, homemade food to eat!

We can see Proverbs 31 in your life. We are so thankful you are Phil's help mate. He needs lots of help! LOL!

Dad and I love you, and truly appreciate you!