Today I was sweeping the floor and musing at the sand that now fills the dustpan. The kids now have a sandbox in the back yard and of coarse, sand gets tracked in everywhere. But, I consider the clean up worth the trouble for the hours of enjoyment that they spend digging, building, forming, and creating out in the sandbox.
The Holy Spirit gave me a little nudge as I bent to sweep up that pile of sand. The sand I swept was evidence of where my children had been. He seemed to prompt my heart to ponder: What trails have I been leaving that are evidence of where I have been? Where have my feet been? (the store, the neighborhood, the friends I spend time with, church, etc. ) Where have my eyes been? (I don't watch TV, but I do spend a considerable amount of time on the Internet doing "research". ) Where have my thoughts been?(Do I put Philipians 4:8 into practice?)
Every where I go, I leave a "trail". Evidence of where I have been. My children see it. My husband sees it. My friends see it. I pray that it will be a trail that is worth noticing. A trail that leaves "worth while evidence". A trail that beckons: "Come with me- I found a trail worth traveling!" Most of all, I pray that the trail I am walking brings Him glory and honor.
No comments:
Post a Comment