I saw this done on another blog that I read- well, that I lurk at. Don't really know her. But I like reading about her life. She is expecting twins... in a short time she will be a mom to four kiddos ages four and under-- whew! Any way...I saw this there, and thought it would be fun to invite my readers to come on over to my house for a "virtual visit"!
If you came to our house–
You would see: lots of projects going on. Most likely there would be Lego's on the floor, as well as shoes and other articles of clothing from mom's closet that seem to make good "dress-up" clothes (hopefully nothing embarrassing). Usually there are books and artwork lying around, too. Most always there is laundry either waiting to be folded or put away, and dishes waiting to be washed or put away.
We’d probably feed you: our favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that I try to keep stashed in the freezer... unless it has been to hot to bake. Then we may have ice cream. We always have fresh bread, and we love to make pizza for our guests. If it is too hot to turn on the oven, then we will grab some hot dogs and head out to the campfire. I'd make some salads, and we could have s'mores.
We’d undoubtedly ask if you’d read: Goodnight Moon, Dangerous Journey (Pilgrim's Progress for kids), or Madeline
We’d want to play this music for you: We don't usually play music- we usually have enough going on with four kids that we don't need any extra stimulation. But we do sing. N could whip out his guitar and play his favorite : "Who Let the Dogs Out". I sometimes do put on some simple piano music, or something light and instrumental when washing the dishes.
We’d want to tell you the latest about: new experiments the boys have tried, or the latest cute words D has said, and L would want to show off her new sparkly flip-flops and night gown.
We’d probably suggest a game of: Sequence! The boys can play now, too, although it gets a bit long... When there are a lot of people PIT is lots of fun, though we have not played that one for a very long time.
We might show off: our garden- we love it!
We might get on the computer and show you: pictures... that is where we store them. I used to put them in scrap books... but alas, I have fallen dreadfully behind. Now, I blog. Less supplies are needed :), and the kids can't mess it up.
So there you have it. Come back any time. How about you? Can I come over for a "Virtual Visit"?
No comments:
Post a Comment