I was sitting here composing a cute-sy blog about something the kids did today- but late breaking news trumps that post.
It is trash day. We put out more than normal for the trash collection this week, because Amazing Man is doing some much needed deep cleaning/organizing out back in the shed. The result was two rather heavy trashcans full of odds and ends junk, plus our one of regular household garbage.
Just a few minutes ago a pick up truck pulled over, a woman got out, picked up the old (broken) weed whacker, and lifted it into the back of the pick up. She peered into the other trashcans, made some sort of signal to her partner, who then pulled over and parked. He got out too and together they began DIGGING in our trash cans. Now, I have nothing against "one man's trash is another man's treasure"- but there is something eerie about watching people up to their armpits in my stinky trash cans.
The longer they spent digging, the more amazed I became... I almost took their picture but that would be almost as weird as sticking my head in someone else's trash...
They finally left as the "real" garbage collectors approached behind them.
Their loot: a broken weed whacker, an outdated extension cord, a small piece of Formica counter top, a damaged speaker, some electrical cords, and various other items I could not decipher.
No comments:
Post a Comment