I was absolutely thrilled to stumble upon a children's edition of Pilgrim's Progress in our church library. This edition is published by Eerdmans, and uses the original words penned by John Bunyan. It is illustrated on every page, and simplified enough for kids. It has been a fabulous read aloud for us this week! How I would love to add this copy to our home library!
The adult version of Pilgrim's Progress has been on my list of books to read for some time now. I have read a revised edition, and taught a unit on it to fourth graders when I was a school teacher. The original has been on my night stand to read before... but it is a challenging one. That literature written in old English requires a lot of concentration from me. Perhaps exposing it to my little ones now, it won't be so intimidating to them when they are older!
The women's ministries at church are even hosting "Book Clubs" for the ladies this summer. Wouldn't you know, one of the book clubs is reading "Pilgrim's Progress in Today's English". At this season of my life, schedules just don't allow me to participate... but ohh, how I wish I could. Perhaps I can be motivated enough to do it on my own??