Every week I get together with a good friend and we power-walk for an hour on Saturday mornings. It's a good work out, but also great social time, and a needed spiritual accountability time.
We go early- before the sun rises- so my new routine has been to just go to bed in my workout clothes. That way I can just roll out of bed in the morning, tie on my shoes, brush my teeth, and head out.
This last week I was wearing some comfy sweat-pant Capri's. I went. We met at the nearby college gym. As usual, it was too early for all the college kids to be up and at 'em on a Saturday morning. No one else was there. We talked, we walked the track, we laughed. Sometimes we cry- but not this week. We said good-bye. I turned and walked away, headed home. I was greeted by my 6 year old, who was up and dressed. We talked a bit, then I turned to head for the shower.
"Mom!" J called after me- with a bit of shock in his voice.
I turned back around and looked at him, seeing a bit of amusement in his eyes.
"You have a hole in your pants!"
Sure enough, upon inspection, right on my backside was a bleach stain the size of the palm of my hand. In the middle of that stain was a hole the size of a quarter. Lovely frame for the brightly colored underwear I happened to be wearing.
Nice.
She hadn't said anything- maybe she hadn't seen it. But maybe she did. Ohh well. At least I was wearing nice underwear. Bye-bye Capri's.
No comments:
Post a Comment