I love it when I can find new ways to simplify my life. I am always searching for ways to cut clutter (four kiddos can accumulate a lot of stuff!), make daily routines easier, and think about what unnecessary things I can eliminate from our lives so that we can truly enjoy life! More stuff ultimately means more responsibility... cleaning... organizing... etc.
All that to say this...
My toaster broke. I was sad, yes. But instead of buying a new one I have discovered that we love toasting bread in the broiler! I have eliminated a one purpose item (toaster) for the simplicity of a multipurpose item- just changed my technique a little, and finding out we like it better anyway!
Toasting in the broiler takes no longer than the counter top appliance version of toast- and now I have a little more breathing room in the cupboard! (I have limited counter space- so the toaster appliance used to reside down with the pots and pans). Toasting in the broiler creates such a yummy textured toast far superior to the counter top version. Crunchy on top, yet still soft on the bottom. We especially enjoy buttering and sprinkling the bread with cinnamon and sugar first, and then sticking it under the broiler for 2-3 minutes. The result is a carmelized sugar treat that makes a perfect snack or breakfast companion to our oatmeal. Broiler toast... simply yummy.
1 comment:
We got rid of the toaster long ago, and we use the broiler for toast, too. It makes so much more sense if you have more than one person eating toast, anyway, to broil up a huge pan at once. :-)
You can flip the toast and toast the other side, too,if you want, but you probably knew that. I like both sides of my toast toasted, so we do it that way. :-)
Enjoying your blog! :-)
Post a Comment