This project has added great enthusiasm to our study of the amazing way our bodies are created. Later we will add other things for some major organs like: a piece of old pantie hose for the intestine, a balloon for the bladder, etc. I read about this idea a while back and filed it away in my brain- but neglected to write down any thing or note my resource. So I am having to rely on some "creative juices" to come up with more things to add to help teach what things are inside our bodies, and the function they serve. Ideas from any "body" out there would be appreciated!
It is a great privilege to be a keeper of the home. This blog is my tribute to the joy of motherhood, the peacefulness of home living, and the beauty of family life.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Every Body is Amazing
At our house we love projects, but we don't enjoy paperwork. Because of this, much (though not all) of our homeschool activities are project oriented. As a science project for our study of the human body, I traced the kids bodies on some butcher paper. Now we are adding some pieces as we learn about the body systems. Here the boys are adding straws for "bones".


This project has added great enthusiasm to our study of the amazing way our bodies are created. Later we will add other things for some major organs like: a piece of old pantie hose for the intestine, a balloon for the bladder, etc. I read about this idea a while back and filed it away in my brain- but neglected to write down any thing or note my resource. So I am having to rely on some "creative juices" to come up with more things to add to help teach what things are inside our bodies, and the function they serve. Ideas from any "body" out there would be appreciated!
This project has added great enthusiasm to our study of the amazing way our bodies are created. Later we will add other things for some major organs like: a piece of old pantie hose for the intestine, a balloon for the bladder, etc. I read about this idea a while back and filed it away in my brain- but neglected to write down any thing or note my resource. So I am having to rely on some "creative juices" to come up with more things to add to help teach what things are inside our bodies, and the function they serve. Ideas from any "body" out there would be appreciated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the idea! How about balloons for lungs? That's about all the creativity I have these days. :)
Post a Comment