Finding time and ways to fill my "social" cup is challenging. I am a busy mom to four little ones. Their daddy is home only a few hours a day now. And the time he is home, I want to be home having family time, too. It is not easy to find social time that will not infringe upon the needs of my family. After all, they are my first and most important responsibility, and my true joy.
The Lord has seen fit to encourage me through my girl friends in very creative ways. One of my dear friends has set up a "phone night" with me. After the kids are in bed, and hubby is off to work the night job, my friend and I touch base by phone on Thursday nights. Even though commitments do not allow for us to get together much any more, these "phone nights" have been an encouraging way for us to touch base and keep our friendship from drifting.
Another dear friend and I get together and walk at the gym -- early on Saturday mornings before anyone else in the house is stirring! This meets a physical need (exercise!) and a social need and a spiritual need (we use this as accountability time!).
I am sooo thankful for these times with my dear friends. The Lord has truly used them as an instrument to shower His encouragement on me. And I am thankful for His creative ways of allowing me to be encouraged by other members of the body of Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment