I love to bake. (I know, big surprise! You already knew that.) Baking is one of my favorite hobbies. If I am stressed, I bake. If I am cold, instead of turning up the heat- I go bake something. If I want to comfort someone, I bake. I just love to bake. Is there a love language of baking?
A few quirks about my baking:
- I love to bake from scratch. I don't care to bake from mixes. I like to stock my pantry with the basics (flour, sugars, salt, baking soda, baking powder, etc), and bake from there. It tastes soo much better, is better for you, and there is more variety this way.
- I seldom go out and purchase unique ingredients for baking projects. I usually just bake with what basics I have in my pantry. This simplifies my shopping and recipes. (except perhaps for extremely special occasions)
- There are some health and expense standards I stick too. I don't make things that use more than a cup of butter. I also prefer to use recipes that don't call for more sugar than flour/oatmeal.
- Ghirardelli chocolate chips are my secret weapon.
- Always use real butter. Always.
- Seriously avoid shortening.
And then... I love to eat what I bake. And I do love to share!
1 comment:
I was able to have a piece of this carrot pineapple cake and it was VERY good! Thanks for sharing:)
Post a Comment