Friday, March 7, 2008

Boys Vs. Girls

The boys (J especially) are experts at building all types of vehicles and other boyish things with their legos. They have made jets, dragsters, bulldozers, castles, skate boards, robots, combines, race cars, and other vehicles with moving parts for capturing bad guys and other things. This morning L became busy with the duplos and built her own "lego family". It was complete with mommy, daddy, baby, twins, and even some grandmas and grandpas. I love seeing the difference in how boys and girls naturally play with toys. In a way, it reminds me back to when I was a girl and I forced my brother to play wedding and house with his Star Wars figures-- much to his chagrin...

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Brilliant. Thanks for yet another post in which you give me valuable taunting/teasing ammunition. :)

Delena said...

Hmmm, you'd think there was divine order to how boys and girls think. Imagine that! Boys will always turn sticks into swords. And girls will turn them into Cinderella's wand. Love your blog. Not even quite sure how I found you, but I'm glad I did.