It is a great privilege to be a keeper of the home. This blog is my tribute to the joy of motherhood, the peacefulness of home living, and the beauty of family life.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
A Breath of Fresh Air
I love to open windows- and I do so at any opportunity... today was one! Wow. What a gorgeous day. Temps actually peaked close to 70! We spent several hours outside this afternoon soaking up sun and fresh air. Several additions were made to the stick and rock collections, lots of swinging on the swing set, a bit of bulldozing leaves, stomping in a puddle of melting ice, and even a bit of digging was accomplished in a corner of the sandbox. I love to be outside, and I love for the kids to get out for long chunks of time. However, I tend to be somewhat of a busy body in the house. I have so many endless projects going on, that I have a hard time shutting them off, and just stepping out to enjoy the day. But today, I pulled myself away from the mountain of laundry and dishes, and organizing that needs to be done, and just went outside. Its amazing how refreshing time outside can be, and I actually have been more productive this evening because of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It will soon be time for the garden!
We are having gorgeous weather here right now too... and I already asked Troy last night if we could do something outside tonight... just to enjoy it a bit! It really is refreshing!
Post a Comment