As my little helpers crowded around to help make our apple desert... it became a little chaotic in the kitchen!

a giggly way to separate eggs
(thanks Nene!)
painting on egg white glaze

lots of vigorous shakes of cinnamon and sugar...

a flopped together attempt at a new recipe for "apple pie squares" actually made it into the oven

End result: a surprisingly beautiful dessert! Rustic, homey looking, and undeniably delicious!
Recipe for these Apple Pie Squares can be found in the Feb/Mar 2009 edition of taste of home.
6 comments:
I can almost smell and taste it! A
'Thumbs up' for this one!
this looks like a blast, Tesa! (and so yummy, too)
what fun to create memories during baking adventures!
Yummmmmm!! I love that egg separator!
I love, love, love the egg separator (okay, really I don't... it kinda grosses me out, but it would be a great gift for my Dad).
That looks great, Tesa! And I showed the egg separater to my husband, and he loves it! He wants to know where he can find one! :-)
For inquiring minds:
Our crazy egg separator was a gift. It is a little gross, but the kids think it is hilarious. It is called a "Peter Petrie Egg Separator". I googled it, and found one here:
http://www.catalogfavorites.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=K7431&srccode=NXCFC6
It looks like there are lots of other places from which it can be ordered, too.
If you give it as a gift, it is most fun to include a demonstration.
:)
Post a Comment