In more exciting "Kitchen News", I discovered an extremely easy way to make home-made yogurt in my crock pot! My friend, Katherine , gave me a heads-up about the recipe, found here. My kids love yogurt so much, I could not resist giving it a try.
Amazing results!
I've always been a bit picky about the consistency of yogurt. I don't care for gloppy "stick to the spoon" gelatin types of yogurt, nor do I care for the kind that is stringy and elastic... and I have always been leery of all the artificial flavors and sweeteners that they put in nearly every brand that I can hope to afford on even special occasions. I have tried purchasing plain, natural yogurt and adding fruit at home- but the kids never found it very appealing.
This home-made yogurt has a mild flavor and a beautiful consistency- a bit loose, yet very creamy and smooth. I tried blending in some frozen strawberries. This added a beautiful color to the yogurt. Increasing the yogurt to fruit ratio seemed to create more of a "drink-able" style yogurt.
The overall verdict was to skip the blender (yay!), and just stir the fruit in. Add a drizzle of honey for those who want the extra sweetness.
Mom, I can't wait to share some with you when you come to visit in a few weeks-
your gonna love it!
(Look at that beautiful bed-head!)

1 comment:
Yum! I love the pic of Lily!!
Post a Comment