Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving Thanks

Today I am giving thanks for the sheer privilege it is to teach my children at home. I am honored to be able to watch them learn to read... grasp new math concepts... work hard at writing neatly... see the twinkle of excitement in their eyes as they hear new history stories...observe them as they recognize colors and letters and sound for the first time.

Of coarse we have some crazy days. Many times the house looks like a storm blew through with paper scraps, books, crayons, pencils, alphabet letters, flash cards and inevitably some crunched form of snack item on the floor. Sometimes the toddler even decorates her self with markers. But when I step back and allow myself to absorb the amazing way their minds are developing, and the bonds we are forming as a family-- I am overwhelmed.


Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to take this active roll in training the children you have given me by teaching them at home.





The Good Work! Board

Preschool Handwriting

2nd Grade Language Arts

Kindergarten Phonics

2 comments:

Linda said...

Pa-pap wishes he was back in school, and learning with books and papers, and pencils. I love you kids!

Grandpa

summer said...

This is such a wonderful, enjoyable post Tesa! Your kids are all so brilliant.

p.s. I made your banana bread yesterday (from the blue church cookbook) and it is the VERY BEST banana bread that I've ever had! thank you!