We awoke to a steady rain this morning. That only added excitement to the morning ritual of racing daddy off to work. Four little heads covered in rain coats...two taller ones in blue, and two smaller ones in yellow...a few of them even barefoot...skipping merrily and waving furiously down the sidewalk. They stop at the next driveway-- and wait until daddy's vehicle cannot be seen any more. A river rainwater madly rushing down the street distracts them, and I watch from the front porch as they spend quite a bit of time experimenting with the currents and sticks and leaves. Oh, to be a kid again!
A rainy day was just what I needed to motivate me to start working on two laundry baskets full of freshly picked apples. A couple batches of applesauce are done, now... even one trial batch of cranberry applesauce...yummy. Hopefully I can get a pie or two made yet today, too. It smells glorious in our home- and feels all cozy with blessings. What a wonderful way to welcome my favorite season of autumn.
9 comments:
Where did you find your apples??? Do you have trees?
I can almost smell the apples and cinnamon in the air! Ummmmm...
Oh wow, my mouth is watering!
It is so bizarre to hear you talking about autumn, when we are still having temps in the 90s here (and will continue to for quite a while).
And finally... who is that tall girl on the left in the pic? ;-)
Renee- We do not have an apple tree- but my aunt does. She invited us to take what we wanted. The kids were so excited to go "apple picking".
Erin- Over all, we have had such a cool summer this year. I suppose we could still have some hot weather...but I am already feeling like autumn is here because we have had sooo many nice days and today is so drizzly. I am loving it.
Oh, and yes... that tall girl... she seemed to appear out of no where! :)
Erin,
I ask the "tall one" when she grew up and her answer is "yesterday".
She is still our little snuggle bunny.
Oooo, you'll have to post that recipe for cranberry applesauce! It's wonderful to welcome autumn!
This is neat... color coding your kids with raincoats so you know where to leave which ones without exposing their faces to the wind and rain...
I like your idea of objects separate from your alphabet letters. When another language is learned just change the items - letters. For instance Giraffe to Jirafa. Bread to Pan...
Sorry... The annon was me. I am still trying to figure out how these things work.
Uncle Harold
Post a Comment