Apples, apples, apples. And more apples.
Here's my own recipe that I'm using for several batches of apple goodness to stash away in the freezer.
Apple Sauce
12 cups apples, cored, peeled and cut into chunks
2 cups water
2 cinnamon sticks
2 T lemon juice or the juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
4 T raw honey
Cook on high in large slow cooker for 3-4 hours. Mash, and continue to cook on low for 2-3 hours, or until desired consistency is obtained. If a finer/smoother texture is desired, run it through the blender. Chill thoroughly (the flavor deepens after a day) or place in the freezer for longer storage.
I found some cranberries in my freezer. On a whim... I created a small batch of Cranberry Apple Sauce. The girls loved it just because it was "pink" .
Cranberry Apple Sauce
4 cups apples
2 tsp lemon juice
2 T honey
1/4 cup frozen cranberries
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup water
Simmer on the stove top, mashing and stirring occasionally. Add water as needed. When desired consistency is obtained, remove from heat, cool, and chill.
I found the stove top version needed more water... but cooked faster. Both were delicious!

3 comments:
Sounds wonderful!
Hey, Tesa, get rid of the word verification, but only if you want to!
Your making me hungry,
YUM!!
Post a Comment