Tuesday, March 17, 2009

She's too young to change her name!

All afternoon and throughout the evening my two year old has decided to go by a different name. When called, she simply retorts, quite insistently, "No, I am Olivia." I have heard of young girls wanting to change their name, but never expected it of my daughter... and especially not at the age of two!

4 comments:

Linda said...

This reminds me of her Auntie C. She went through a time when she wanted to change her name too, but I never knew to what. Anyway, on her 18th birthday, I went down to her room and exclaimed, "Aren't you ready to go yet?" She said, "Where?"

I told her today was the day we were going to the courthouse to change her name.

Her comeback was, "Well, I guess I like my name."

By the way, I do like the name Olivia too!

Amy said...

How sweet! Mary Beth has been wanting to change her name lately to---Kenya. Have no idea where it came from but she keeps asking why we didn't name her that when she was born! She is our creative child and has a very active imagination!

Sarah said...

This is Hilarious! Nene and I wonder where she heard this new name.

Tesa said...

There is a baby at church whose name is Olivia. That is where she picked it up :)