The weather has warmed. The spring rains have come. Suddenly everything is green. I cannot stop my itch to plant things. The salad garden on my back deck is already sprouting tiny radishes. Green onions, chives, and various lettuces soon to follow.

In these make-shift "green houses" tiny sprouts are lifting their heads and reaching for sunshine: here are some cauliflower and sunflowers. I've also given my tomatoes, herbs, and Hungarian peppers a head start like these. Sugar snap peas and lettuce are already planted directly in the garden.

There is something so peaceful about watching things grow.
This is spring.
2 comments:
I hope you will be able to bring them in this coming weekend. We have a big blizzard coming!
I wish I had some plants going...maybe I'll get ambitious and get some in some dirt!
Yes, most of them I bring in on the cooler nights anyway. A few I will just have to cover, and hope for the best. If they don't make it, no worries. I'll just plant more :)
Post a Comment