After several days of smothering humidity, today was a pleseant change. This morning a breeze blew through, drying the air, making it much more comfortable outside. On days like this I turn off the air conditioner and slide open the windows to enjoy the freshness of the day!
I decided to spend some time weeding my flower bed on the side of the house by the driveway. The boys were in the back yard building roads in their dirt pile. Dahlia was napping. Lily was wandering around, being her busy self. Then, it was quiet for a time. I was enjoying it. No interruptions, no fighting over toys, no bathroom emergencies... The flower bed was looking much more tidy. Absorbed in my thoughts and the task at hand I subconsciously realized that I had not seen Lily for a few minutes. I knew that she was busy in the front yard, and was bound to reappear soon. So, I kept working.
When I did look up- there she was, walking around the corner- naked. She is quite proud that she has learned to dress and undress herself. She was just practicing! Smiling broadly as I swooped her up in my arms and whisked her inside, she explained that she was big enough to wear "naked chest"... Hmm...we have alot to teach these children! At least we can laugh at some of the teachable moments!
No comments:
Post a Comment