SLOW.
This has been a rather disappointing year for the gardener in me... Granted, I am still very much a novice. Last year I had a flower bed overflowing with marigolds and zenias blooming with color. They were easy, and I was thankful for the easy care and color that they brought to our yard and table. Since I was pregnant, the easy care of these prolific plants was appreciated. This year, I was able to be a bit more creative...Neighbors gave me some perennials (iris bulbs, seedum) I rescued some rosebushes from a bulldozed lot, and was gifted with some Lily bulbs and a Dahlia bulb. The zenias did so amazing last year that I bought several seed packets to scatter all around the yard. I have been out weeding and watering every other day or so while the kiddos play outside. Yet- it is nearly the END of July--- and still no color! I have ONE zenia blooming, a few violets peeking up and two yellow roses just wilted. I have Lots and Lots of green, but no color.
The garden is not incredibly promising outside of some corn and green tomatoes. I replanted pumpkins and squash, cucumbers and zucchini so many times I do not know if they will have a chance to produce fruit this year or not--- thanks to Mr. Groundhog.
No comments:
Post a Comment