I celebrated my Birthday yesterday. We had an enjoyable day as a family. I felt so loved by so many.
I received so many special gifts from some of the people that mean the most to me: a beautiful ruby necklace and earrings; some new Nike Capri's; a pair of comfy, sporty flip flops; a simply cute black sleeveless t-shirt; a plate of home-made cookies from a good friend; and a Tastefully Simple Seasoning mix from another good friend; a gift certificate for CBD; and some good ole' fashioned cash so I can pick something out "just for me". Josiah gave me a little book that he had made about "King Josiah" in the Bible.
One of the most memorable gifts to me were the "Birthday Band-aids".
Noah wanted to give me something special. So he dug into his top-dresser-drawer, where all of his "treasures" are kept. He selected his own special plastic "band-aid keeper". (One of those plastic sleeves that are give-aways from various companies, that you can keep several band-aids in for your purse or car). It was wrapped with care and he could hardly contain his excitement. After I opened it, his face gleamed with pleasure! It was darling enough to bring tears to my eyes. His heart was in that gift.
He made sure to tell me that I could keep my "band-aid pack" in his top dresser drawer...and if he needed a band-aid, he could get one too... :) but his heart was still bursting with pride that he had a gift of his own to give.
I only hope my heart can be as proud to give.
No comments:
Post a Comment