These cold days are great for snuggling under a blanket together, reading. Just a few of the books we have going:
- The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder (We may feel cooped up during the winter but its nothing like Laura's family! What stamina they had~ basically confined to one small room for nearly the entirety of the winter, burning sticks of hay and eating only brown bread and potatoes!)
- Phantom Toll Booth by Norton Juster (what a great book full of homonyms, figures of speech, puns, and adventures with words~ don't know how I missed this one in my childhood!)
- Be Comforted by Warren Wiersby (Our Sunday School class is based on the book of Isaiah and this very thorough yet easy-to-read commentary. I am enjoying it very much.)
- Lily is reading from the World of Dick and Jane Reader. I just love how the written word has suddenly become real to her!
- Josiah is reading Anne of Green Gables
- Noah is reading a biography of Benjamin Franklin "Wow, Mom, he invented a lot of stuff, and I am only on the first chapter!"
- Dahlia enjoys finding words she knows/recognizes in whatever book we are reading...and she loves looking in the dictionary to find her name.
2 comments:
It sounds like you have a great bunch of readers!
I love that D can find her name in the dictionary. Not many of us can! Your 3 girls will be able to.
Love that they are all avid readers.
Post a Comment