I love them. And I have an extra large bag of them in the freezer right now to prove it. (I've learned to stock up while they are in season, because they freeze wonderfully and are hard to find during the rest of the year.)My mother-in-law chops them up and makes a fabulous cranberry jello salad for our family Thanksgiving/Christmas gathering every year. I find all sorts of places to sprinkle them in: in coffee cake, pumpkin bread, muffins...
My hubby oooh'd and ahh'd when I made home-made cranberry sauce to go with our Turkey Spinach Calzone the other day. (I love it when I do something simple and he raves about how awesome it is!)
Bring to a boil one cup water and one cup sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add 3 cup fresh/frozen cranberries (rinsed). Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature. (or if you are like my husband and are too excited to wait, eat it warm!) For interesting variations, you can add some freshly grated orange peel or add a cinnamon stick while it is boiling if desired.
If Phil had not licked the bowl clean...I was thinking of making myself a "peanut butter and cranberry sauce sandwich". It's pretty much like jelly, right??
Saturday morning is my day to bake something special for breakfast~ this recipe for Cranberry Orange Muffins looks like a great possibility!
2 comments:
He has learned to eat a lot of different stuff...all of it sounds so good!
Oh, I make homemade sauce every year, but never thought of using them in other baked goods unless they were dried. I just might throw a bag in the freezer myself.
Hope you have a very merry Christmas!
Heidi
Post a Comment