Friday, December 10, 2010

All things Christmassy

And she sits...ready for her first Christmas!

Though I felt like I fumbled through each day, written in re-cap my week looks fairly organized and productive...

  • Monday~ kids acted out the nativity story- costumes and all (LOVED this! I took pictures- need to post them- that 4yo angel cracks me up! And just wait until you lay eyes on the sweet little sheep...)
  • Tuesday~ cut out paper snowflakes with the kids for our window (even a couple of "star wars" snowflakes)
  • Wednesday~ helped the kids stitch ornaments for their Sunday School teachers (I need to take pictures of these, they are too sweet!)
  • Thursday~ baked chocolate gingerbread petite fours for the church women's Christmas party (I did not assemble them as pictured because they just were not stable enough for transporting...but I did cut them in bite sized squares and pipe a dollop of chocolate frosting on top of each. We nibbled the scraps- delicious! must make again for my family! )
  • Friday~baked sugar cookies with the kids

Saturday is expected to be very cold but we have errands to run so we will be out bundled, and about enjoying the festive chill. Then we will come home to make stew and decorate cookies and get little things ready for the children's program at church on Sunday. (Christmas dresses and maybe some rag curls for L?)

Holiday music plays in the back ground at meal times. We have watched a few classic holiday movies together as a family and have several still on our list. Our favorite Christmas books are out- some from our own collection and others we have checked out from the library.

We took the children to do their Christmas shopping for each other last weekend. Their delight in blessing each other with good things is precious. The little bundles that they wrapped are nestled under the tree...along with a baby in a manger to remind us why we celebrate after all.

It looks a lot like Christmas around here. What is Christmas looking like at your house?

1 comment:

Linda said...

Awe....she looks so sweet! It sounds like you've been very productive again.

I still have our tree up!