Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Where I'm at

Anticipating: Our Christmas Nativity count down and felt advent calendar went up today. It was fun to hear the "oooh's and aaah's" from the kiddos as I brought them down from the attic. Tradition and memories are such a special part of the Christmas season.

Eating: A new recipe for Chicken and Dumplings graced the table for dinner tonight. The vegetable-laden dish received requests for second and third helpings, so it was definitely a winner. Bowls and serving dish scraped clean- with just enough hidden away for P's lunch tomorrow.

Enjoying: Our dried up sunflower stalk still stands tall in the flower bed under the dining room window. It has become so beautiful to me because the birds continue to come! So many beautiful varieties of birds visit so very close to our window by the table where we sit to do school work, eat meals, check e-mail, draw and color, write grocery lists.... I am simply amazed. Several varieties of finches (gold, purple) as well as chickadees and a couple of other birds I have yet to identify have visited even now in the winter-y temperatures.

Reading: "Where the Red Fern Grows". P suggested the boys to read it, so I checked it out from the library. I'm hooked. In all my years of reading books, how could I have missed this classic?

Considering: How to worship FULLY this Christmas.

Determined: Not to let this blog die! Life is happening...children are growing... and I feel haphazard in my purpose and organization in life right now. I enjoy blogging, but with out clear purpose it struggles to happen because there are so many demands for my time.

2 comments:

Linda said...

You do a great job with everything you have to do!

I'm glad you are instilling traditions in your family!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness... make sure you have a box of kleenex handy if you're ready WTRFG!

Reading this makes me want to curl up with a warm beverage and talk about life with you. Maybe if the *naps* align we can do that in LESS THAN A MONTH!! :-)