Here is my "recipe"... I wish I had pics...but I just did not know it was going to turn out so good!
I started with my favorite French Bread pizza dough. (recipe to be posted later)
Divide dough in half. For each half:
Roll one portion out into about a 12x15 rectangle.
Brush with about 2 T melted garlic butter (I just pressed one clove of garlic into 3 T butter, and melted it in the micro. Save a bit for the top.)
Sprinkle with about 1/4 lb grated mozzarella cheese.
Down the middle, evenly spread leftover turkey chunks (I think I used about 1 cup on each calzone)
On the adult half, add some diced onion and spinach (mine was about 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed)
With a knife, make slash marks about 3 inches in toward the center of the calzone--about 2 inches apart, all down the long side of your dough. Fold them in toward the center, somewhat in a braided fashion. Fold ends under to seal. Brush the top with a bit more garlic butter and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Bake on a pre-heated baking stone for about 15 min. at 425.
It was devoured. There was one slice left which I hoarded for my lunch...
7 comments:
Another way to use up the turkey at Thanksgiving! Bring your recipe!
Beautiful. I may also try it with some low-fat Italian turkey sausage.
Thank you.
Thanks for the idea! I'm going to make up a bunch of calzones and put them in the freezer to be pulled out for Sam's lunches!
That sounds sooo delicious! And looks beautiful! Thanks for the recipe...I always need new recipes, I will be watching for the dough recipe :)
That looks so good!
this will be gone in 60 seconds in my home! thanks...!
this is so brilliant, tesa! i need to store this somewhere special so that i remember it come turkey-leftover time. how handy!
Post a Comment